Sunday, February 10, 2008

New STAFF!!!

Hello again.....I promise this is the last post for the night!

I have to brag a little bit because we recently brought on two more staff members and they are soooo good at this "job" that I had to share!


First is Rebecca Mires, who was a referral from one of my other Directors, Kristye. Kristye promised me her "buddy" would be great for Diamonds & Dreams. Riiiight....well, guess what? Kristye was definitely understating the value of this buddy! Rebecca was MORE than great!

Rebecca came into this company with both guns blazing! I mean seriously, she assisted at one of our events, coming in very last minute (someone called in sick) and very UNINFORMED. The result? She absolutely meshed with our vendors and the rest of the staff. She didn't need a lot of direction (for someone coming into this with no training) and was always "forward thinking" which is a must in the industry. Some people have that ability and some do not. Rebecca has IT! Needless to say, there was no interning for Rebecca..(of course I didn't tell her that up front, she would have asked for more money!!!)...she's Diamonds & Dreams born and bred! We love Becca!

Next is Toni Schach......Toni contacted me explaining she was interested in working in the planning portion of the wedding industry. Now, keep in mind, I get a LOT of "I want to work weddings" emails, resumes, phone calls, etc. But Toni's request just kind of got my attention, so we began a dialogue. I explained to her my goals, my expectations and my dreams and asked her about hers. Long story short, I asked her to work a wedding with us that month, just to get her feet wet and see if she was truly "serious" and we'd go from there. Well, as it turned out, that wedding (as great as it was planned on our end), required a LOT more help than anticipated. As anyone who knows me can tell you, there is nothing at an event that "isn't my job" so the things that came up (that really should have been handled by others on site) got handled by my crew.......and Toni. She never stood around twiddling her thumbs, she jumped in and got the job done and then came and asked.....what next? Do u love it?? Needless to say, she didn't have the normal "probation time" either. Toni is a gem and I'm hoping she stays with me for a long, long time! And did I mention, she's involved deeply as a pageant contestant AND a part time race car driver??? My staff is WELL ROUNDED!

Both Rebecca and Toni helped out at last week's fashion show at the Hill Country Bridal Fair and I have to say, they did an amazing job! Our "dressing facilities" were extremely lacking and yet they made it work! Thank you for a job well done!

As for the rest of my "employees" (they are actually my partners in crime, but I have to keep them scared of me so they work harder!)....I love you all to pieces! thank you for always making me (and our company) look fabulous!

No comments: