Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hey, its only been two weeks since my last blog!

Hi everyone!

This HAS to be a record for me! Blogging twice in the same month!

I hope everyone is having a great summer! I know we are. I'm supposed to be on a hiatus of sorts, but business keeps popping up and opportunities unexpected as well. Can't walk away from those, can I?

I wanted to brag a little more on our staff (no, we didn't lose anyone, we're expanding, remember??)

First, remember our girl Toni? Toni is moving (after the summer) to attend the university in lubbock (what's the name of that place anyway??) and finish out her degree (do they race there too toni???) Anyway, Toni has promised to start marketing us in the big city of Lubbock and the not so big surrounding areas! We're ready when you are!! Best of luck Toni and let me know when I need to pack my emergency kit and head north!

Next, we had two more recent additions to D & D staff:

First was Sara French-Henry. Sara is a stay at home mom (do moms REALLY stay at home??) with two adorable little girls, and a husband who thinks he is a true globetrotter! Anyway, Sara was so enthusiastic when I interviewed her and willing to step up and do just about anything we asked of her........so we asked things of her!! lol She took it all in stride and has proven herself quite invaluable!

Next up is Rebekah Miller. Rebekah is still in school and also taking a consulting course. I think she felt a little initimidated at our "group" interview, but she shouldn't have. She felt the others had more experience, more talent and could offer more. (just to catch you up, we held a group interview with all current staff as questioners and interviewees were also there enmasse!) The others in the group were personable, talented and for an assortment of reasons, didn't fit in with our group. Its very important to me as group leader that all staff is able to work well together. I want them all to WANT to come to the site and put on the best event possible. Well, Rebekah wasn't sure we wanted her, and was quite quiet during the process. In a one on one with her later in the week, this issue came up and we addressed it immediately. I'd prefer to have someone with NO KNOWLEDGE come in and be a sponge and learn from the bottom up, than have to deal with UNTRAINING someone who's been in the business forever. Rebekah is now almost ready to shoot out on her own and be lead at an event. She's done dredge work for a while, its time to get up Cinderella! She really has been great to work with, everyone loves her, and she's going to stay with me forever if I have to beat her into submission!!! kidding...love ya Becks!

Julie Traina (another staffer here!) is going to be a CADDY for her dad (Jim Traina) at the US Senior Open starting on July 28th and ending Aug 3rd! Its being held in Colorado and she's super excited for the trip, her dad is ecstatic that he qualified -even as an amateur - and best of all.......Julie will be wearing D & D on her sleeve to get some more marketing in!!! Gooooo Julie! lol, is that allowed at the Open?? Anyway, if you get a chance to poke your head in, please check out the stats at http://www.ussenioropen.com/.

We have some cool weddings coming up and hope you'll check back later to read more about them. I've also found some cool products and websites and will be posting them later for everyone, too.

Have a great weekend!
Tina

No comments: