Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm a believer!

Hello everyone!

I'm touching on an extremely touchy subject for a lot of people. And, I know as a business, I shouldn't even venture here (the experts in marketing say this). But sometimes I just have to thank those entities that encourage and lift me up! If my business falters, then that's the way it must be.

First, I have to say I'm not a really super religious person. I believe in God, but I don't attend church regularly. I do good deeds on occasion and I try to be there for friends, families and strangers when I can. I believe in miracles and see them daily (miracles can be as simple as watching an ant carry a load 50 times its weight along a path a hundred yards long to help feed the rest of its family for the winter, to something as profound as being able to HEAR your husband tell you he loves you).

Why am I talking about this? Well, my wonderful cousin Jan sent me a link to one of the most beautiful videos (and spritually uplifting ones) I've EVER seen. I wanted to share this with you, even if you don't believe in God, the fact that this father was willing to do this for his son HAS to inspire you!

Let me preface the video just a bit. The father has a very real heart condition (stress is NOT his best friend!), but every time his son asked his father, "Dad, will you run a marathon with me?" His father never denied him. The ultimate challenge for the father, was the Iron Man Triatholon........and yes, the son asked, and his father agreed, to run this one. This race is NOT for the weak at heart!

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island . Father and son went on to complete the race together.

So, I felt the need to share this with all of my friends and to say, thank you to those who have lifted me during my lifetime. And a very special thank you to my God!

So, please view this for me! I hope you are inspired and uplifted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey Tina!
gosh, this video makes me cry everytime! it's truly amazing.
i've enjoyed your reading your blogs! it's cool to get to learn more about your staff and other couples you've helped make their big day a success!
hope you have a great day!
katie thompson