Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Where have I been???

Hola everyone!

I am soo disgusted with me!! So much has happened since my last blog...MONTHS ago. I am so diligent on so many things and blogging is just obviously not one of them.

People!!! send me email reminders that I'm a slacker out here, would you?? lol

ANYWAY, life has been grand at D & D...let's see, where to start.


First, the wedding scene. We've had some truly fabulous events come and go (it always makes me so sad when they leave me!) But I guess that's a part of the Planner's life, right? hold on.......wait a minute, we do baby showers too!!! They'll be back! haha, yes, they'll be back!

Since the last blog we've married off:


Carolina (CARO!!) and Raul. Oh my word, talk about a blast......not only did the bride and groom keep us all in stitches, Father Paul was a hoot, both sets of parents were hilarious and grandmoms...well, let's just say, we haven't had this much fun in a long long time! They were great and the wedding went off flawlessly....just beautiful!





























Candace and Cedell -- all my clients are gorgeous and Candace was no exception! And what a heart! I'm going to miss her sweet emails and HER. Cedell was fun, too, but we didn't get the same amount of interaction as Candace and me! We did have some unexpected fun at the reception tho......Candace's father and his Zulu (can you say NEW ORLEANS??) brothers entertained us with their infamous umbrella parade! How fantastic was that?? Yep, we'll miss this family!





































April and Jason -- now these two.....what a great duo! Jason was much more concerned about the details than April. April just wanted to marry this man!! It's unusual for grooms to be very involved in the wedding. They normally just hang out until the day of the event, but not Jason. We were pen pals to the max! I loved it! And I have to say, his decision making process definitely paid off in the end (and yes, April's mom had some say so as well!) The day was elegant and sophisticated and very much like the couple! On a different note, April's dad owns a few dealerships here in SA and hooked my son up with a great car (after he totaled his one night!). Thanks April!








































































Brandy and Eric -- (photos coming soon!) my out of towners and a quick thrown together on the river kind of party! They had 3 of the MOST handsome attendants (all sons of the bride!) and a family and set of friends to die for! We had a great time (albeit SHORT time) together! Brandy called me about a month out from her wedding date and needed help pulling things altogether.......and we did it! Thanks Brandy for having faith in us!



Lauren and Matt - Lauren was also an out of towner, but her Aunt lived just outside SA, so she got to help with a lot more of the planning than she PLANNED on, I'm sure! Matt is a Marine and he and Lauren had eloped over a year ago (much to her mom's dismay!). So, they promised mom they'd come home for the nuptials and throw the family a party! And did they throw a party!! The Oasis at Medina Lake was their choice (a marine and water) and a red/white/blue theme..worked out pretty well! Lauren looked beautiful even though temperatures soared on the lake (how was it she was wearing a gown that weighs 40lbs and she never showed a bit of "perspiration glisten" anywhere?? How do you do that Lauren?? All the rest of us were sweating like fighters in the boxing ring!!) The bride was beautiful and kept saying.....I wish I could do this every day....how fun to get married?? (she wasn't kidding, she's done it twice with the same guy already!)










































Kristen and Mitchel - Kristen was actually a referral from a bride we assisted in 2005 (hi Erin!!). And we were all waiting patiently for Mitchel to propose.........we waited, and we waited and we waited...and then.... I got the call!!! Hallelujiah! Kristen/Mitchel and myself planned this one for almost 18 months! Why did it take us so long? Well, Kristen/Mitchel HAD to get married at the Texas Rangers Stadium in Arlington...no place else would do.........and so, we had to wait on the Rangers to get their schedule finished before we could set OUR date!! The wedding was fun and so many unique elements.....beer favors (Mitchel brewed it himself - 4 flavors no less, to coincide with the bride's colors - baby blue, neon green, chocolate and ivory),
Hard Night's Day (pseudo-beatles band) was the only band we would hire (they are truly AWESOME!), the guitar cake (it really looked real!), Mitchel played with the band (and SANG!!), guitar pick favors from the bride (can you see a theme running along the lines of MUSIC and baseball?) and a huge wedding cake (chocolate icing and baby blue ribbon)...photos of the wedding party out on THE field and guests were seated in the Diamond Club...watching the photo session take place. Teresa Sandvig of Elan Imaging took some really great photos.....please check out her website!!















Ashley and Kevin - our Boerne couple (ok, they were actually from Houston) but her grandparents have this beautiful horse ranch in Boerne and that's where we staged their tent event. Ashley's grandfather has a 100 year old log cabin that they've transformed and rehabbed into a haven in the hill country. My first visit with them at the ranch, I'm ashamed to say, they literally had to MAKE me leave. The grounds are manicured closer than some country clubs I've visited and the horses.....wow! And then that beautiful pond..and of course, the cabin. What a place. Mr. Reed, please won't you adopt me?? Oh, and the wedding was gorgeous too!


Anne and Justin - Lubbock group! lol Anne, her sister Katie, her dad John and her fiance Justin met with me on a sunday morning last year to discuss ideas they had for their day and to see if we were a "match" for the rest of the process. It was love at first sight for all of us! They were so fun and so unique and trusted me from that first meeting! Its hard to hand over the reins to someone you don't know with such an important event, but they did so without hesitation. Even though we held the event at a hotel, in the middle of SA, the "tropical flavor" they requested came flying through! It was beautiful! Orchids, Birds of paradise, ginger flowers.....and orange crush everywhere!! The day was beautiful......and my bride went down the aisle barefoot (in a gorgeous, BLING-encrusted gown!) I love her! And of course, the "around the world" gee we're married now hand slap at the altar!!! I love it!!


























Ericka and Christian...(photos coming soon!) Ericka also met with me just at 1 year ago and we were only day of for her and Christian, but it felt like it was more. Not because Ericka called me all the time or anything like that, its more because I felt such a bond with her. We'd throw emails at each other on occasion just to make sure the other one was still "out there" and catch up on each other's lives! Ericka always wanted to know what was going on with me personally, and I felt the same need to catch up with her. Ericka pulled together a GREAT event.......lavender and chocolate and my goodness........how beautiful it turned out. Some things Ericka had NOT shared with me prior to event day (I love the toasting portion of my events.....attendants let out ALL the family secrets!!). One of those secrets was that Ericka is a twin, a surprise twin! The family knew all about her big brother (so big they couldn't find Ericka hiding behind him in the womb until 3 days prior to their birthdays!!). Another secret was that Ericka and Christian are EHarmony hookups!! They were both about to pull the plug on their subscriptions on the same day, when they decided to "refresh" the listing and both fell in love at once with the "new" popup contact. (how cool is that!!) And lastly, her twin brother, Blu Sanders, is an artist in his own rights. I did not know he was a songwriter and an excellent vocalist. He sang Ericka and Christian's first dance song and there was not a dry eye in the house! It was the most romantic first dance I've seen in ages! Soo beautiful! name of the song? Hold on! (no, really, "hold on" is the title!) lol


I'm on a short hiatus from weddings over the summer (a planned hiatus as I need to get some personal things taken care of....dental, vision, office cleaning, etc.) but we have some more great events coming up in the fall. A couple of huge events (800+.....don't you love country weddings ???) and a smaller wedding or two (less than 100 guests), with lots of action at all of them.


Man, I LOVE MY JOB!! More news in the next post!

I'll try to post photos of all my past events....but you know me........I'm pretty Techno challenged!

Have a great week!!!

Me!







































































































No comments: