Monday, November 3, 2008

Future Clients....waaaaaay in the future!






hello again!


Its kind of crazy how things manifest within this industry....specifically, potential clients become family to us as soon as they sign on the dotted line.


We help with one of THE most important days of their lives as they start a new family and we get to participate in the joining of two families ! This is not only "cool" to us, but mind boggling. It takes a lot of trust for families to believe strongly that we will take care of this honor. (and we do consider it a great honor and treat this event with the respect it deserves!)



Once the process has begun, its a whirlwind ride right up to the limo ride at the end of the wedding night. Along the way, we get to know, not only the bride and groom, but siblings, best friends from elementary school, mominlaws to be and of course, grandparents and long lost relatives.


We cry when we watch you meet at the altar (when he hand out hankies at the back of the church, we keep one in reserve....I'm a crybaby!!)


We naturally hear all the stuff that was hidden in closests long ago (everybody has closets with skeletons!!)....we hear it because its always "toasted" about at the reception! Some of this is pretty darned juicey! hee hee :) Some of it super sentimental and some of it..just hilarious!


At the end of the night, we pack you into a limo or a hummer and send you off with your family...but because we've now adopted you, you're also a part of ours.



Does it end there....sometimes....but most times NOT! We get emails now from clients we had years ago, and we get baby shower invites (sometimes we get to host them for you!!!), we watch those little faces come into your lives and "complete" the family you started earlier ....and we get to continue to watch those babies grow! Is there a better job on the planet???



A resounding NO!! I love my job, I love my clients and now I love those babies!



I heard from a couple of recent brides that they are now pregnant, a couple have just given birth, some have a toddler....and of course, when I get photos....I have to share!



I'm posting a photo of Trenton....who is the coolest Yoda I've seen in a while!!! Ray and Courtney Mays were clients of mine just a short time ago...and she just sent me this photo and I HAVE to brag (no, Gloria, not taking grandma rights.....but I'm thinking a close second!!!)....he is just precious!







Ray/Courtney, again, congratulations on his birth and the great job you are doing as parents! And that little man looks just like his dad (with a little bit of cuteness from mom!) He has my eyes, don't u think?







I have another couple who just recently gave birth (Caro and Raul Urbina have a new baby boy, Christian!) and I'm waiting on photos of this little guy too! UPDATE!!! Photos are here! Christian Michael.......looking pretty darned handsome! Congratulations Caro/Raul.......beautiful little man you've got there!



Erica and Christian are just about 8.5 months pregnant....so more photos coming on them, too!



Yep, I love my job!

And, I'm thinking I might get a couple of referrals out of this in a few years! :)

No comments: